Start and End in Waco Texas
Noticed not much info for rides out of Waco Texas. This one goes through the Northern Hill Country. About a Half Day Ride with stop in Stephenville for BBQ. Very Scenic.
Link to saved route in Google Maps Engine for reference:
List of Towns on the Route in order:
1) From Waco, take HWY 6 Northwest to Clifton, TX.
2) From Clifton, Take 219 West to Cransfills Gap
3) From Cransfills Gap, Continue on 219 to Carlton
4) From Carlton, take 1744 North then Left on 914 North to Stephenville
5) From Stephenville, take HWY 67 East to 203
6) Take 203 South to Walnut Springs
7) From Walnut Springs, take FM RD 927 East to Morgan
8) From Morgan, continue on FM RD 927
9) FM 927 Dead ends at HWY 56
10) Take HWY 56 South to HWY 22
11) Take HWY 22 East to 933 Gholson Rd
12) Take 933 Gholson Rd South to Gholson
13) From Gholson, Continue on 933 Gholson Rd back into Waco
This route covers the Northern Hill Country of Texas, taking some lesser traveled roads with great scenic opportunities, and a variety of road types. From smaller highways to Farm to Market roads, this has a little bit of everything except dirt. You will travel through some hills, some nice high speed twistys, and some great "kick back" and enjoy the view cruising.
Overall, the roads a good. No potholes. Some high-speed twistys and some "kick-back" cruising. A little of everything really.
Plenty of gas of the road, but it you fill up in Waco, should be no problem to top off in Stephenville on your way back. Eat at Hard-Eight BBQ in Stephenville before returning to Waco.